This battery vent adapter was originally designed to retrofit our #4000600 Battery Water Level Indicator to a Varta RL 840 battery (manufactured by Enersys). Our adapter will also fit any other battery that has a vent hole with M27-3 threads. In addition, this adapter enables you to retrofit any other quarter-turn bayonet style vent cap to your battery.
There are several legitimate reasons why someone would replace the original vent cap that came with the battery. The reasons for adapting a different vent may include:
- The original vent cap does not contain a flame arrestor, and due to a safety concern, you want to replace it with one that does.
- The original vent cap is short, and the top of the battery gets wet when the electrolyte overflows on occasion. A taller vent cap helps to prevent that.
- The original vent cap allows the electrolyte to evaporate too quickly, and you want to replace it with a Water Miser cap so that you don’t need to add water as often.
- The original vent cap is broken or lost, and you need a replacement.
- You want to check the electrolyte level without removing the vent cap, and you want to replace it with a level indicator that needs an adapter to fit your battery.
We manufacture other battery vent adapters which can be viewed by clicking on the links below.
Battery Vent Adapter #4D-8D-PIA
Battery Vent Adapter #4D-8D-SIA
Battery Vent Adapter #1050VCA
Battery Vent Adapter #M22X1.5