Water Miser Benefits
- WATER MISER battery caps reduce electrolyte loss by up to 30%. In this regard, the moist vapor enters a chamber where the liquid is trapped and then returned back into the battery cell. In addition, the vapors pass through a special porous disk which further slows moisture loss.
- Less battery maintenance time. No need to remove the vent caps from the battery. Just flip open the top to see the fluid level or to add more water.
- Add water less often because of reduced electrolyte loss. Also, this miserly cap quickly pays for itself by saving time and labor costs.
- The top of the battery stays drier, reducing voltage loss due to electricity being conducted across a wet surface.
- Water Misers reduce fumes and airborne particles, resulting in cleaner air to breathe. Moreover, battery makers use them in their charging areas to reduce fumes. Therefore, most sulfuric acid fumes that are normally emitted from the battery are stopped.
- Water Miser battery caps include a spark arrestor that lets pressurized gases escape but stops any sparks or flames from entering the battery cells.
- Reduces repetitive motion fatigue. During maintenance, the twisting motion that is required to remove the cap from the battery is eliminated. The flip-top cap also provides easy access.
- Less exposure to acidic fumes and sulfuric acid. No more handling of acid-soaked vent caps.
- The Water Misers’ flip-top cap can be rotated to any desired position. this allows it to fit where space is tight due to battery cables, terminals, or terminal covers.
- The internal splash guard stops flying droplets when filling the battery. As a result, this keeps the top of the battery drier and the liquid in the cell where it belongs.
- Our model #2000 Water Miser battery cap fits all battery watering guns with a nozzle diameter of up to 3/4″ (#2000C & #2000CE up to 7/8″).
- The standard bayonet mount fits most forklift, golf cart, and floor scrubber batteries.
For more information on how to select the best vent cap model for your battery, please visit our FAQ page.
WATER MISER battery caps are available in two other styles that are listed below. More info via these links: