Water Miser Benefits
- WATER MISER battery caps reduce water loss by up to 30%. In this regard, the moist vapor enters a chamber where the liquid is trapped and then returned back into the battery cell. In addition, the vapors pass through a special porous disk which further slows moisture loss.
- Less battery maintenance time. No need to remove the vent caps from the battery. Just flip open the top to see the fluid level or to add more water.
- Add water less often because of reduced water loss. Also, this miserly cap quickly pays for itself by saving time and labor costs.
- The top of the battery stays drier, reducing voltage loss due to the current being conducted across a wet surface.
“Green” for the Environment
- Water Misers reduce fumes and airborne debris, resulting in cleaner air to breathe. Also, battery makers use them in their charging areas to reduce fumes. Therefore, most sulfuric acid fumes that could flow into the air are trapped inside the battery.
Water Miser Safety
- Water Miser battery caps have a spark arrestor that lets the gas escape but stops any sparks or flames from entering the battery cells.
- Reduces repetitive motion fatigue. The twisting motion that is needed to remove the cap from the battery is done away with. The flip-top cap also provides easy access.
- Less exposure to fumes and sulfuric acid. No more handling of acid-soaked vent caps.
- The Water Misers’ flip-top cap can be rotated to any desired angle. This lets it fit where space is tight due to battery cables, terminals, or terminal covers.
- The internal splash guard stops splashed drops when filling the battery. As a result, this keeps the top of the battery drier and the liquid in the cell where it belongs.
- Our model #2000 Water Miser battery cap fits all battery watering guns with a nozzle diameter of up to 3/4″ (#2000C & #2000CE up to 7/8″).
- The standard bayonet mount fits most forklift, golf cart, and floor scrubber batteries.
Do water miser battery caps really work? You can find out what others who have used them say by reading their comments in this private forum. They are happy with them since they are now watering their batteries less often.
For more info on how to choose the best vent cap model for your battery, please visit our FAQ page.
WATER MISER battery caps are made in two other styles that are listed below. More info can be viewed via these links: